The Olympic Ring Esplanade is an about 51,000-m2 space realized in rational and minimal style belonging to the facilities built for the Barcelona 1992 Summer Olympics.
In this area are located the Montjuic Olympic Park main buildings subjects of the reportage:
- Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys, originally built in 1927 and renovated in 1985-89 by architects Correa-Milà-Margarit-Buixadé and Gregoretti.
- Palau Sant Jordi, an indoor sporting arena built in 1986-90 by architect Arata Isozaki
- Canvi (Utsurohi), an art installation by Aiko Miyawaki realized in 1990
- Torre de Comunicacions de Montjuïc, built in 1989-92 designed by Santiango Calatrava
- Plaça d'Europa, the round space at the esplanade far end